Saturday, July 4, 2009

I will build you again my dear country


I will build you again my dear country

though by giving away my life

I will set up pillars to your roof

though with my own bone

I will smell a flower of yours

as your young generation's desire

I will wash you off blood

with flood of my running tears

though I've died for hundred years

I will stand by my grave

I will break the devil's heart

with my roar

though I'm old but still

If there was a time for teaching

I will start the youth

Besides my young men



* This song was released in solidarity with Iranian people. The following people contributed to this song:

Lyric by Simin Behbahani, respected contemporary poet
Music by Mohammad Shams, internationally well recognized composer and conductor
Voice by Dariush Eghbali, Influential and gifted contemporary performer

No comments:

Post a Comment